What are the requirements for applying to graduate school

2022-07-17 0 By

For Chinese students, high school graduates are required to apply for undergraduate programs in the United States, and bachelor’s degrees are required to apply for graduate programs in the United States.When applying for American graduate schools and majors, you should try to conform to your career goals, educational background, work experience and personal interests, and avoid blindly pursuing university rankings.However, some special majors can also be considered. For example, Students who majored in English in China can switch to an MBA or education major in the United States.There are different requirements for English when applying for graduate study in the United States, but generally, undergraduate applicants are required to have a TOEFL score of 85 or 90.If you want to prepare for ielts, you need 6.5 or above.Of course, there are some universities that may offer dual admission for students who do not have TOEFL or IELTS scores, that is, offer dual admission for language and specialized courses.Apply for to go to the United States not only requires the toefl reading a graduate student more than 85 points (some hot majors may require toefl 90 or 100 points), may also need to provide other related English, such as science and engineering, humanities and mathematics professional requirements GRE scores, business major require GMAT scores, dental professional requirements DAT scores, medical professional requirements MCAT scores,Law programs require LSAT scores, etc.Of course, there are also some colleges that do not require GRE or GMAT scores for graduate students, but such schools will be relatively lower ranking, people can not, but can not apply without, when the tide receded, you know who is swimming naked, the truth is not easy to see.Tuition fees for American universities vary greatly depending on the school and subject.Generally speaking, tuition at public state universities is around $20,000 to $30,000 a year, while some elite private universities charge $40,000 to $50,000 or more per year for tuition, room and board.The cost of living varies slightly by region. In small towns in the central and Southern United States, $8,000 a year is usually enough, but in large cities in California and New York, less than $20,000 a year is not enough.As we know, the undergraduate course in American universities usually lasts four years, the master’s course usually lasts two years, and the doctoral course usually lasts five to seven years.So students to the embassy visa to provide enough funds to guarantee.As we have repeatedly mentioned, when applying for American universities, some universities require the deposit certificate when sending the application materials, and some universities require the students to present the deposit certificate after they are admitted.Deposit certificate requires time deposit. If it is not very difficult, it is recommended to prepare 600,000 yuan.1. Standardized test: TOEFL/IELTS, for applicants whose native language is not English.Ÿ Apply for business school graduate examination GMATŸ Apply for Master of Law LLM TOEFL Ÿ Apply for Doctor of Law JD test LSATŸ Apply for Science and Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences GRE2.Transcripts: in Chinese and English, with the official seal of the university, available before application.3. Certificate of University study in Chinese and English with official seal of the university.4. University Diploma and Degree Certificate: If you have graduated from the university, you need to provide the university diploma and degree certificate, Chinese copy and English translation, with the official seal of the university.5. Proof of ranking: The school can provide proof of ranking, which is good, and can provide proof of ranking in Chinese and English, with the official seal of the school.6. Resume.7. Personal Statement or Essays.8. Recommendation letters, usually 3 letters, candidates are teachers of specialized courses or superiors of internship or work unit.9. Passport: Scanned copy of the first page.10. Credit card: for TOEFL/IELTS/SAT/ACT scores, school application fees, etc.Visa or Master Card.11. Bank deposit certificate.12. Portfolio: Suitable for art majors.13. Other materials: Award certificate, thesis, etc.14.Writing Sample or research plan: Different schools and majors may require it.